Wednesday, December 06, 2006

excellent metaphor by Curt Rosengren (blogger)

Passion defined

Ask a dozen people what passion actually means, and you're likely to get a dozen answers. Over the course of my work, I've come up with a simple definition of my own.

Passion is the energy that comes from bringing more of YOU into what you do.

Simply put, it's being who you are and doing what comes naturally. It's like allowing water to gain energy from flowing along its natural riverbed, rather than trying to force it up and over a mountain.

It's a theme I return to often, but it's worth repeating. The energy differential is huge between doing a job that is really an extension of who you are, and a job where you have to wear a mask day in and day out.

The focus of my work - and this blog - is helping people first identify the key elements of "who they are" - i.e., their Passion Core (sm) - and then create careers based on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment