Saturday, October 28, 2006

28 OCT daily celebration: Pre-determined Fate? No Way!

[Accomplishment]

  • Established my reasons for wearing my Blazer:
    • A physical anchor to remain as cool and calm as a cucumber in spite of ANY problems and make use of my greatest gift from God to think of an effective strategy to solve it: aka Zhuge Liang's fan
    • A message to the people around me to be proud of their own self-worth and not be shy/afraid to adorn it with the things that would bring out their powerful character.
  • Made a more powerful Declaration to the people I love and wanna to be proud to. For if the people I love are proud of me, they'll have AFFIRMATION with my existence AFTER their ACKNOWLEDGE, faith, trust and support in me.

[Magic Moments]

  • Enlightened by the life lessons God wanted to teach me:
    • Henry Park Primary
    • Outcome: Went to Gan Eng Seng instead of favored SJI
      • To know that true human goodness, unconditional love, original talent and utmost intelligence are not found only in 'good' schools. It is found EVERYWHERE, even in the 'lowest' of them (*cough* Ping Yi, Adam)
    • Gan Eng Seng
    • Outcome: obtained 38 points for Prelims and 18 for O's
      • Lenz is a man who dared to face failure in the face and went to do something to quench his fear once and for all. Instead of accommodating to my fate as a 'good student' and study IN FEAR to avoid facing failure in grades, I disregarded something which I had great difficulty in terms of concentration, interest and LOVE.
      • And as Tony Buzan said, such people are LEADERS! haha, a complete turnaround of my anchored emotions everytime I though of the event.
      • Stated actions not recommended for current secondary students
    • Ngee Ann Polytechnic
      • Overcomed with deep emotions that it is very DIFFICULT for a poly student to enter a U and exceed 'bright' JC students (RJC, HCJC, NJC, etc), I was surrounded and almost led to the belief and giving up that I could only work after graduation and be like 'most' of the students, not being able to attend the U.
      • Fed up with what Life was feeding and how it was supporting me, I wanted to defy all odds and make it to the top of the Polytechnic to enter the U. Hell, now that I think about it, it took me a hack lot of effort (with the wrong strategy) more than a JC student to come to SMU.
      • Instinctively uncovered the power to believe in myself inspite of all opposing cirsumstances; places and people. The power to ENABLE me to CHANGE MY FATE.
      • Although beaten time and again in my own terms (less than 90% in assessments and not being the best in modules), I feedbacked to myself the reasons for that and discovered most of the time it was due to a fault on my part (not anyone or anything else). Weak cause, weak effect ya?
      • Although beaten, in eash semester I would keep thinking of how I would excel this term and be the best in my tests and presentations.
      • Although beaten, I BELIEVED in eventual VICTORY (at the end of 3 years), I kept thinking of the NEXT MOVE.
      • A person will DEFY and DEFEAT life's DEFYING circumstances with hard work FROM Love. Hell, there's no such thing as predetermined fate! We do not have to follow the "unopposing" flow of life! Past X=X Future!
      • If you think its impossible, then don't do anything!
    • Singapore Management University
      • I'll be the ULTIMATE LIVING TESTIMONY that learning can be absolutely fun and easy, with the right STRATEGY TO LEARN!
      • I'm not here for a resume, I'm not here to train as an impressive employee. I'm not here to train to be a entrepreneur or a budding businessman.
      • I'm here because I simply LOVE to LEARN, to EXCHANGE IDEAS TO INTEGRATE into my system and FORMULATE more POWERFUL IDEAS (business, personal, etc) and BELIEFS (reasons and principles guiding the truth and facts). And I LOVE to ATTAIN ACCOMPLISHMENTS to AFFIRM my COMPETENCY, ABILITIES & BELIEFS as a GIFTED STUDENT! ( 'see! I can do it! follow me if you wanna!')
      • I'm here in SMU to EXCHANGE IDEAS with the intelligent and the wise (professors and like-minded students), to learn the TECHNIQUES to MANAGE businesses and GROW as a THOUGHTFUL ( & ETHICAL) GLOBAL CITIZEN, to care not only for myself and my close ones, but truly for the people I love in this World: every living human being.
      • To realize the power of "I Can"
      • You all just WATCH!
      • For that studying kid who deserves to love learning.
    • LENZ Groups: multi-billion dollar company
      • PROTECT IMPORTANT FRIENDS CHERISH
      • Friends strangers haven't met > EVERYONE in this WORLD!
      • For that poor child who deserves to live and learn the about the beautiful world God made for us to live in.

[Lessons]

In the past two days, I've felt two sudden intense feelings that was focused tightly on my goal to be the best.

In the Rolex Awards, hearing the speakers say so much of what I ALREADY KNEW and are INSPIRED BY, I wanted to cry so much. It was because even until this point in time, after POE I, two days of POE II and meetings with my NLP friends, I STILL have been HANGING on to my FEAR of imminent FAILURE.

Let go, Lenz, let go. All your fears, all your doubts. Let your Love for Learning, your Love for the People of this World, clear these away. Take action for you Love to do now. All for Love. Period.

When I talked to Shujia, a cute Chinese girl, and found out how easy accounting to her was, what with her high score and last-minute revision and study, I asked myself: "If she can do it so easily, then what about me with my powerful study strategy?" I suddenly felt a shot of confidence and a little regret about cherishing another limiting belief: that FA would be DIFFICULT.

LET GO of this rope of FEAR which has left you hanging in the air of UNCERTAINTY for so long, and DIVE into the deep pool of LOVE, LIFE & DISCOVERY: GOD'S GIFT in all MEN.

Rasengan!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lenz!

    talking abt overcoming failure...
    I can vouch for the fact that you have indeed conquered that fear of yours and walked out of that dark shadow of your past.
    You know as well as I do that you are no longer the same Lenz!
    The new Lenz is charming, fun, happy, smart and full of confidence!! Every bit a great guy to be with!

    Go for that Top 1 % honour, i just know you CAN!!!


    Love & Hugs,
    Felicia K.

    ReplyDelete