Sunday, October 29, 2006

the PURPOSE of my DECLARATION

although I made the declaration to the guys in my email the other time, I couldn't yet pinpoint why I wanted to be study in a Uni and be its Valedictorian and be a billionaire. I mean, why should I need a degree if I already have a diploma with merit, and I've already decided to be an independent businessman? And why do I need all this money for if I'm not really going to use all of it? Surely an expensive house or car would be in the millions at most right?

Then in mass today, I finally thought it through and linked it back to my mission in Life. A toddler in front of me in the arms of her guardian connected my cause of action.

I'm not here for a resume, I'm not here to train as an impressive employee. I'm not here to train to be a entrepreneur or a budding businessman. What I'm really here for and excites me everyday is that I can get to learn about things relevant to building a business and being a better thinking and thoughtful person. And that's not the main point.

When I looked into the eyes of the toddler, I reminded myself that I didn't want another child in this country, or in any other school of this world, to suffer in studying, like I did when I was younger. I can't bear to see another child having such great stress and difficulty in studying, when learning is really so fun and easy and the brain was MADE to learn.

To cut things short, where I got the simple logic from is Tony Buzan. He believes that learning can really be interesting and fun, and after reading through his strategies for studying, I couldn’t agree more. I wanna advocate his strategies throughout Singapore's system first. And the position of Valedictorian will get people to listen to me, easier and better.

As for an eventual billionaire, I understand that money is the inevitably the resource of my power to change the world. I've decided that my mission in life is to bring down the man-made disaster of the third-world countries: Poverty. No child born into this world should be deprived of the basic needs, and they should be focusing on their education instead of struggling for that meal everyday by working at their young age.

So, I'm studying for the urban kids and working for the poor children. Haha. Love, protect and help them I guess. After al, my Lord said to love my neighbour as myself. No way I'm gonna let my son starve and be under so much unnecessary stress from doing what the human being was made to do: learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment