Saturday, November 18, 2006

LOVE

Love is patient and kind;
it is not jealous or conceited or proud;
love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;
love does not keep a record of wrongs;
love is not happy with evil,
but is happy with the truth.
Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.
There are inspired messages, but they are temporary;
there are gifts of speaking in strange tongues, but they will cease;
there is knowledge, but it will pass.
For our gifts of knowledge and of inspired messages are only partial;
but when what is perfect comes,
then what is partial will disappear.

When I was a child, my speech feelings, and thinking were all those of a child;
now that I am an adult, I have no more use of childish ways.
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror;
then we shall see face-to-face.
What I know now is only partial;
then it will be complete - as complete as God's knowledge of me.

Meanwhile these three remain:
faith, hope, and love;
and the greatest of these is love.

1 Cor 13:4-13

No comments:

Post a Comment